Welcome to the Washington State Medical Oncology Society Website
The purpose of the Washington State Medical Oncology Society (WSMOS) is:
- To promote the highest professional standards of oncology practice in the state of Washington.
- To study, research and exchange information, experiences and ideals leading to improvement in the practice of oncology.
- To represent the practice of oncology and hematology in the state of Washington.
Regularly Monitor the WSMOS Website for:
- WSMOS meetings & events
- Legislative updates
- Billing & reimbursement updates
- Resources & tools
- Oncology news
- Practice Pattern Changes Survey
Join Your Colleagues at the November 16, 2012 Membership Meeting at the beautiful Cedarbrook Lodge ~ Meeting Agenda and registration will be available on the Events page of this website.
Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Preparation & Process
Click Here to access the WSMOS RAC Preparation & Process Brochure funded in part through the ASCO 2010 State Affiliate Grant Program
RAC Audit Survey
WSMOS has received an ASCO State Affiliate Grant to develop a prototype and tools for responding to the Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audits, (to be shared with oncology practices nationwide). As part of this project we are gathering information on RAC audits in oncology HOPDs and oncology physician practices. Please help us identify areas of concern with RAC audits and tools and resources WSMOS might provide to help your clinic prepare and respond to these audits by responding to our RAC Survey below:
Practice Pattern Changes Survey
We invite you to participate in the WSMOS Practice Pattern Changes Survey. The survey compares practice patterns from 2004 to 2010 and is being used to gather information on the migration of oncology from independent groups to hospital based practices. Results of this survey were presented at ASCO 2010.
Survey of Educational Programs and Oncology Practices
WSMOS recognizes the increasing demand for ARNPs, PAs, RNs, LPNs, and MAs in community, hospital, and academic oncology practice settings.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has awarded WSMOS a grant to:
- Survey oncology practices and nursing educators to help understand their respective needs, and to
- Build a matrix to link practices willing to provide externships and clinical training with programs hoping to expand educational opportunities for their students.
To this end, WSMOS requests your cooperation with this 10 minute survey:
Click Here To Access the Practice Survey